Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Project 365... Week 1

One of my goals for 2013 is to do a 365 Project - basically try to get my camera out every day and snap some pictures.  I'm hoping this daily practice will get me more and more comfortable in handling all my settings in manual mode and force me to look at moments in our daily life a little more creatively.  Of course, I may just end up taking 300 snapshots of West smiling, and that's cool with me too.  :)

I want this to be fun and not stressful, so if I miss a day here or there or get a lot of the same shots I'm going to try to just roll with it and not be too hard on myself.  I plan to share them on here every week or two and keep a running page (see here) of the photos in weekly collages (so there's not 300+ pictures on one page that take forever to load!).  At the end of the project I may make a book of the pictures.  We'll see.

Here are the pictures from the first week.  West ended up in all of them, but I certainly don't intend to have him in every single picture this year because I want to get some creative shots in there every once in awhile too to stretch myself.

Wish me luck!!

Day 1:  Started out 2013 by hanging out in bed watching TV.  Love mornings like this!
Day 2: Playing in the snow.
Day 3: Hanging out in his chair.
Day 4:  Playing at his sand table with me (thanks Johnie and Dee for the tripod - I got to play with it some more with this shot!)
Day 5:  My cuties eating Cuties.
Day 6:  West sometimes turns on the fan in his room all by himself and then talks into it since it sounds funny. 
Day 7:  Finishing up lunch in his high chair. 


2 comments: