At least every couple of days I get the courage and patience to let West practice feeding himself with a spoon. Admittedly, we usually give him finger foods so he hasn't needed much practice with a spoon, but we've been feeding him more yogurt lately to get make up for not drinking quite enough milk during the day. And being the independent, stubborn little guy that he is, he wants to do it himself. Again, courage and patience... or more like patience and energy to handle all the clean up. :)
Anywho, today was one of the yogurt days, and while he started off rocky he actually took quite a few great spoonfuls all on his own (of course a lot of it dribbled down his chin, but he actually got some spoonfuls to his mouth!). At that point I grabbed my camera because I've been slacking lately on getting pictures of our everyday moments. That's when it all went downhill... I started paying more attention to getting good shots than making sure he kept the bowl on his tray and he started hamming it up. Things got messy, real messy...
At this point he started rubbing the yogurt all over his chest and belly. Must have liked how it felt. Either that, or he was reciting the Pledge of Allegiance in his own baby babble language.
Things got even messier when at this point he realized, "Why the heck am I using a spoon? It's so much easier if I just pour it in my mouth!"
Oh the many faces of West. I love being able to capture these moments... these faces that happened all within a second... because THIS is our silly, animated, fun-loving little West.






No need for Messy Mania tonight... stick with the yogurt! You are one brave mamma!
ReplyDelete