West isn't usually interested in holding our hands while walking... I guess he's an independent boy and likes to do it himself right now. Lately though, every so often he really gets a kick out of "pulling" us around. Last night was one of those nights. We were trying to keep him entertained while watching the beam finals in women's gymnastics - it was past his bedtime but I wanted to finish watching since there were only a couple left to go, including our own Aly. He was starting to get fussy and just wanted to be held, but then when I let him down at one point he took my hand and just started tugging on it, first one hand and then both my hands. He was pulling me around in circles from the living room to kitchen and squealing with delight. We probably walked around, him leading the way and laughing, for 5 mins. Until, of course, Aly started on beam, at which point I stopped walking to stand there and watch, and he had a meltdown. Don't worry, Dad was there to the rescue! :)
Also, during his bath today he started splashing bigger than I've ever seen in a bath. Like, lots of water on the floor kind of splashing. The best part, though, was that he would splash and then reach up, grab my hands, and pull them down into the water to make them splash. Then he'd do it a couple of times and then make my hands do it a couple of times. Kinda like he was teaching silly 'ol mom how to splash, since he's the expert and all. Haha love that kid!
It's been awhile since we've posted, and I don't have any pics at the moment, but I wanted to write this down because these are the little moments that make up our days, and the moments that I'm afraid I'll forget.
Working on his 11 month post and hope to get that up here soon. Can't believe he'll be a year old soon!
Love the post, keep them coming!
ReplyDelete