Thanks to my amazing husband, my first Mother's Day was so perfect!! Since Sunday was pretty busy with the twins' baby dedication, he basically spoiled me all day Saturday and my big gift was that we're going to invest in landscaping in our front yard! I'm SOOOO excited about this! So we drove around nice neighborhoods to see what we liked/didn't like, walked around Lowe's to get an idea on prices, and had lunch at Jose Peppers. Amazing! We also took a long nap on the couch together and that night I got to watch a chick flick and he helped me bake the dessert we took Sunday for lunch.
Sunday morning I woke up to breakfast in bed, the sweetest, most touching card from my hubby, and cute gardening gloves and tools (including some for West!) for our landscaping project. Am I spoiled or what?! After we got ready to go, Brad called me in to West's room so West could give me his gifts - a card to the "best mommy in the world" with a Panera gift card in it because "while I love hanging out with you every day I also want you to be able to go out with friends every once in awhile," and a memory box "for keepsakes from his birth announcement to wedding invitation" (sheesh... he's killing me!). I told him I'd need a bigger box, but this'd do for now. ;)
We then loaded up to head south for the twins' baby dedication. We were so happy to be there and to pray with their church family over our precious nephews.
After church we had lunch at Natalie and Daniel's. It was delicious and the best part was the girls got to eat inside on fine china and the beautifully set table while all the boys AND babies ate outside. It was so nice to have conversations without interruptions!
Quick pics of Natalie and the twins.
Thanks, Natalie, for taking a family picture for us on my first Mother's Day!
We stopped by my mom's on our way home to celebrate Mother's Day with her.
I can't imagine a more perfect first Mother's Day. I am so blessed by my brown-eyed boys!!!





.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment