Well Brad and I couldn't wait to take advantage of this beautiful weather! Yesterday we went on a three mile hike with Daniel and Rachel at Busick State Park just north of Branson. Probably the most noteworthy event of the hike was when we heard something rustling around in the brush about 30 feet away... it finally revealed itself to be an armadillo! We had only ever seen them on the side of the road down here, and never alive! Such a weird looking creature! I didn't want to take my camera on the hike, so I'm sorry that I don't have any pics to post.
After getting our taxes done today (our masters accounting program here does them for free- great deal!) we decided to hit a trail that goes through Springfield. It was hard to decide which one to even do... as we started looking in to them we learned that our city has many different well kept trails that go around the city. We decided on a trail that was 7 miles round trip. We walked the first half, then once we got to the turning point we took off jogging. We made it 2 miles before slowing to a walk for a half mile, then ran the last mile. It killed us but we felt so good at the same time! We were joking, though, that one side of our body got more sun than the other- the first half of the trip we walked south the entire time so the right side of our bodies got a lot of sun exposure, but then the on the way back, when the sun was on our left side, we jogged nearly the whole thing. My face looks pretty funny with one side pink but oh well! It was worth it!
Hope you all were able to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather as well!
Oh no, right after I talked to you before you left for your hike I was about to call you back and tell you to take your camera so you could post about it! Seriously!
ReplyDeleteOh well, maybe next time.
I am glad the noise in the bushes wasn't a bear... you do have those down there you know!