Saturday, February 9, 2008

It's been awhile...

So it's been quite awhile since our last blog. Sorry!! I've honestly spent the past half-hour thinking about what I could possibly post. That's sad. All I've come up with are a few ways you all could be praying for us.

  • Of course, our future is a big one. We need a lot of prayer to discern God's will in this matter and for guidance. After Brad graduates in May, will he start working (in which case, he'll have to start searching and applying for jobs soon... and then the next question is, what type of job?) or start on another degree down here (again, with the question of what to do)?
  • Figuring out where to live next year... it's still a little soon to start looking but never too soon to start praying!
  • Diligence- in spending time with God, studying, doing homework, picking up the apartment, and so on. There never seem to be enough hours in the day, and I know it's the same for you all as well!
  • We'd really love to go on a mission trip this summer, but aren't sure where/when. Africa isn't going to work out because of Daniel and Rachel's wedding, but last weekend we met our church's missionaries down in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico (Preston and Courtney). They are such a great couple and it would be so wonderful if it all worked out for us to go down there this summer.
  • We also need prayer in just handling adjustments in life. Things with my old friends have been pretty rough lately, and I just haven't been handling it very well. I just need prayer for strength to move on and focus on the new friendships the Lord has blessed me with.

We miss you all and love you!

3 comments:

  1. Well, just remember we are always here to tell you exactly what WE think YOU should do with your future...drop out of school, sell your cars, hitch hike to KC then use that money for a down payment on the house that is for sale down the street from us. Worry about jobs and careers later... I mean living close to Titus is the main goal right??? Besides just put Brad in a rec basketball league here and you could for sure eventually get disability and not have to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! I'm glad I found your blog! How fun. My sister uses this same site! :) I noticed you posted after friday night. Can't help but think that maybe you need to talk. I really do love you kayla, hope you know that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you know how much i miss sharing prayer requests with you? MUCHO! :)

    ReplyDelete